In honor of World Baking Day, I wanted to share one of my favorite sweet treats of all time: Kringla!
This amazing “cookie” is very time-consuming to make, but in my opinion, it is so worth the effort!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, egg, and sour cream.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the cream mixture and combine completely. Dough will be a little sticky.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide dough in half and return 1/2 to refrigerator.
- On a floured surface, form dough into a 18″ long roll with your hands.
- Cut off a narrow (1/2″ more or less) slice of dough. Roll lightly with hands on lightly floured board into a pencil width strip about 7-8″ long.
- Create a figure 8 and pinch the ends together to fasten securely.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet or one topped with a silicone baking mat. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until just barely lightly golden.
Happy Baking Day!